About this role
ROLE TITLE: Volunteer Donation Box Collector
REPORTS TO: Community & Events Fundraiser
HOURS OF WORK: Variable, 2-3hours every 3 months
BASE: From home, visiting various locations
Summary of Volunteer Role
The role of a Volunteer Donation Box Collector (DBC) involves the collection of cash donations from a donation box, which is a plastic tower used to collect monetary donations in retail outlets, public houses, offices, etc. This is an important role in generating income and raising awareness of Together Against Cancer in the community.
Key Volunteer Duties
• The Volunteer Donation Box Collector liaises between the Donation Box Holder and Together Against Cancer (TAC)
• Supports the fundraising team to find new outlets for donation boxes
• Removes full donation boxes and replaces with empty ones
• Arranges transfer of the full Donation Box to TAC and replaces it with an empty Donation Box
• A successful DBS Check
• Full driving Licence and use of a car, only if Donation Box host is not local/walking distance from volunteer home
Personal Qualities to fulfil role
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Friendly, Flexible,
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Have a genuine interest in raising funds to support the work of Together Against Cancer
• Able to work on their own.
• Situational awareness and alert to suspicious behaviour.
• Guidance will be given by the Community and Events Fundraiser to support volunteers to fulfil their role, lone working, safe handling of money, safe systems for collection of monies etc.
To apply please complete Together Against Cancer Volunteer Application Form on our website:
Volunteer – Together Against Cancer
When you can volunteer
- Access to a vehicle
- Driving license
- References needed
- Willing to take a DBS Check
- Age restrictions
Full driving Licence and use of a car, only if Donation Box host is not local/walking distance from volunteer home.
In addition to applying via the VAL website, we would also appreciate if you could complete our online volunteer form by following this link:
(please copy & paste this link into your browser)
Location Leicestershire, UK