About this role
Summary of Volunteer Role
The role of a Volunteer Bag Packer and Bucket Collector raises vital funds upon which Together Against Cancer depends. It is an important income stream and helps the fundraising team to have a presence in our community collecting at pre agreed sites and stores by assisting shoppers to pack their bags/giving a friendly welcome and goodbye in store.
All volunteers have time for a break and will be responsible for their bucket/moneys collected for the duration of time in store/ on site.
Various locations at stores and supermarkets across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
Key Volunteer Duties
• Bag Packing at stores/supermarkets – helping shoppers at tills to pack away their shopping
• Bucket Collecting – receiving donations from shoppers in stores/supermarkets
• Aged 18 years or above, or part of a family group with one parent present.
Personal Qualities to fulfil role
• Friendly and approachable
• Communication and interpersonal skills
REPORTS TO: Community & Events Fundraiser
HOURS OF WORK: Variable, 3-4 hour sessions, ad-hoc basis including both weekday and weekends throughout the year
References will be requested. A DBS check may be completed.
BASE: Various locations at stores and supermarkets across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
When you can volunteer
- References needed
- Willing to take a DBS Check
- Age restrictions
In addition to applying via the VAL website, we would also appreciate if you could complete our online volunteer form by following this link:
(please copy & paste this link into your browser)
Location Leicestershire, UK