About this role
RECOVERY Assistance Dogs are a Mental Health charity that need volunteers with knowledge of mental health issues to join our monthly meetings. We are campaigning for changes within Mental Health and how it is perceived by the wider community. We have written life-stories within the community. We hold regular – centering therapy- group sessions because we believe encouraging the spiritual side of a person improves mental health. With the help of volunteers through these efforts, we greatly hope to change the face of Mental Health history.
* RECOVERY is a charity for Wellbeing that sets Survivors free from Mental Health needs with the healing of memories through Creative Therapies.
* RECOVERY Assistance Dogs for Mental Health are trained in three levels to assist Survivors to recover from their symptoms and find wellbeing.
* We campaign against compulsion and for freedom of choice.
Registered Charity Number 1125395
When you can volunteer
- Relevant qualification or training
- Willing to take a DBS Check
Good listening and communication skills are preferable as well as the ability to understand and write documents.
IT and typing skills would be useful.
A compassionate and gentle nature is essential.
We will consider everyone as training will be given.
This opportunity allows you to volunteer from home
Available from home