About this role
LOROS Hospice is a local charity and every year we provide free, high-quality, compassionate care and support to terminally ill adult patients, their family and carers across Leicestershire & Rutland. Our Vision (long term aspiration for our society) is that everyone with an incurable illness has the right to excellent care. This should value and respect their uniqueness and their own choices. People should be enabled to live and die with dignity and with appropriate and compassionate support for themselves and their loved ones.
Café@LOROS has just recently reopened after being closed during the COVID-19 pandemic due to reduced visiting and for protection of our volunteers. During this time it has been refurbished and updated and is now re-open to our visiting families. Having somewhere where family and friends can sit, where they can get tasty food and drinks, served by warm and friendly staff sends out a strong message that LOROS cares not just about its patients but their family and friends. How they feel about LOROS is hugely important and often the beginning of a lifetime relationship with the Charity.
Usually the café is open 8.30am-7pm, 7 days a week, with shifts being split into 4/4.5 hour slots throughout the day. Currently, due to continued visitor restrictions and lack of volunteers, we are only open 12.30-4pm Mon-Fri with the vision to extend this to 7pm. Therefore current shifts are 11am-1.30pm, 1.30-4pm, 4-7pm Mon-Fri. Ideally we wojuld like a weekly or fortnightly commitment to this role, but would accept volunteers willing to be part of a cover team for illnesses/holidays.
Summary of Volunteer Role
To provide a light refreshments service from the LOROS Café to patients, visiting family and friends, staff and volunteers with a kind but efficient manner.
Key Volunteer Duties
- To provide a warm, friendly service to all customers
- Making sandwiches, toasted sandwiches, tea and coffee to be served with other beverages, biscuits, cakes and confectionary to patients, relatives and staff.
- Handling of cash to take payment for goods through a touch screen till
- Using dishwasher to clean the crockery and cutlery
- Cleaning down, equipment, surfaces tables and the counter area and in the wider Social Area
- Liaising with the catering staff to ensure the smooth operation of the Café it has all the necessary provisions
- A successful DBS Check (to be completed by LOROS
- Willing to wear kitchen attire (plain black clothing with black closed in shoes. LOROS will provide catering hat & apron)
- Able to stand for sustained periods of time
- Able to use email for accessing volunteer communications
Personal Qualities to fulfil role
- Clean and tidy
- Friendly, Flexible and Reliable
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully
- Able to work as part of a team and willing to work alone if needed
- Show respect for others and their diversity
- Calm under pressure.
Learning and Development required to fulfil role (all provided by LOROS)
Mandatory Training (Annual)
Fire Safety Awareness
Health and Safety quality and Diversity
Data security (including confidentiality)
Role specific Off the job training
Completion of online Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety certificate
Completion of online Food Standards Agency Food Allergy and Intolerances Awareness
A full on the job induction will also be provided by managers and fellow volunteers.
When you can volunteer
- References needed
- Willing to take a DBS Check
- Age restrictions
Currently we are only accepting 18+ applicants to this role but it is under review
Location LOROS Hospice, Leicester, UK