About this role
Family Lives was formed over forty years ago by volunteers with the aim of ensuring that all parents had somewhere to turn before they reach crisis point.
We know that the right support at the right time makes all the difference. Family Lives provides targeted early intervention and crisis support to families who are struggling.
Do you like helping and talking to people? Do you have a few hours a week to spare? Would you like to volunteer from Home? Our volunteers are a lifeline to many families going through a difficult time. Become a Home based Helpline Volunteer and enjoy the experience of helping others as well as improving your own wellbeing. If you are good at listening, can spare a few hours a week, and are PC literate, we want to hear from you. Full training is provided from home, you can volunteer from home if you have a PC, headset and good internet connection.
Please see more about our organisation on www.familylives.org.uk
When you can volunteer
- References needed
- Willing to take a DBS Check
We are looking for individuals who:
• Have experience of parenting/being in a parenting role or demonstrable experience of working with
parents or children e.g. in their work, previous volunteering or a previous role
• Have an ability to respond empathically to emotional content
• Good written and verbal communication
• Have good keyboard skills and IT skills, for remote workers a PC/Laptop, Headphones and good
internet connection would be required.
• Can demonstrate a willingness to question their own attitudes e.g. toward different forms of
• Can remain open minded and non-judgemental
. Willing to commit to work within Family Lives’ policies, in particular our Confidentiality Policy and
Risk of Harm Procedures
• Willing to commit to attending regular support sessions
• Willing to work as part of a team
This opportunity allows you to volunteer from home
Available from home
Location The Broadway, Hatfield AL9 5HZ, UK