About this role
Bosworth Battlefield are looking for a team of volunteers to help deliver their annual anniversary event. This is a great family event, with battle re-enactment, jousting, a medieval market, children’s games, large living history encampment, author talks & book signings.
– Assist in event set up and take down including signage, H&S and arena work
– Welcome visitors to the festival and provide information on the event and the history of the
– Assist with craft and family activities
– Assist in the shop
– Facilitate feedback questionnaires at the event
Personal Development and Training Opportunities:
– Gain first hand experience of the running of a large scale event
– Gain the knowledge and skills needed to run events
– Gain experience of interacting with the public and enhance your communication skills
– Be part of the wider heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
When: 17th – 21st August 2022 Or days within. (The event is on 20th-21st August).
Supported by: Volunteering Officer
Travel expenses reimbursed.
- Good communication skills and confident engaging with the public
- Have a pleasant and helpful manner and a willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm for history & heritage
- Enjoy engaging with children, young people and their families
- Enjoy crafts and activities
- Friendly and able to work as part of a team
- Willing to undertake physical work outside
Location Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre, Ambion Lane, Sutton Cheney, Nuneaton, UK