About this role
Nacro understand the importance of supporting our service users as they navigate the Criminal Justice System and rebuild their lives after a prison sentence or whilst on Probation. Our team of specialist housing advisors are able to work with service users to overcome barriers to obtain secure and stable accommodation. This then supports with the successful reintegration back into society. We are now looking for Volunteers to come on board and support us to make a difference.
We would like to see applications from people who genuinely want to support individuals to make positive changes in their life, you do not necessarily need to have relevant experience as training will be given.
– We are keen to develop a diverse voluntary group and welcome applicants with lived experience.
– We want volunteers who are non-judgemental, passionate, and resourceful.
– We would like you to commit to a minimum of 6 months.
– Supporting a service user to attend appointments in the community
– Delivering information, advice and guidance around practical issues; motivating and encouraging service users to adopt a positive attitude; supporting service users build resilience and confidence to achieve resettlement goals
– Providing holistic mentoring support to service users
– Completing and following action plans
– Accurate record keeping
– Administrative tasks
When you can volunteer
- Relevant qualification or training
- Willing to take a DBS Check
What are the skills and qualities required?
- Excellent listening skills
- Awareness of boundaries and confidentiality
- Confidence in liaising with stakeholders
- The ability to build rapport with service users
- Communication skills (to liaise with service users and also report all information back to staff)
Location Leicester Road, Loughborough LE11 2AG, UK